Guide Trip Information
We offer a variety of fishing trips year round targeting largemouth bass and stripers and both Castaic Lake and Pyramid Lake. We also often catch smallmouth bass and some catfish as well.
Throughout the seasons, the primary target species for our clients is largemouth bass, stripers (striped bass), smallmouth bass and we also get some catfish as well. In the winter to early spring, we target the larger game fish during the trout plants using swimbaits. Once the waters begin to warm, we start to shift gears a bit and begin scouting around for spring bass and stripers using drop-shot and reaction baits.
We also offer bait trips (bait and wait) and troll umbrella rigs for stripers for those wanting to fill the freezers with some fillets.
Spring pre-spawn will bring the bass on beds and site fishing can be very exciting.
In the mid to late summer through fall the threadfin shad show up. This is EPIC fishing and highly popular with everyone. You really do get spoiled during shad season. It’s hard to compare trips like these to anything else. You’ll leave at the end of the day with a big smile on your face, and some great pictures.
Late fall can have the shad schools everywhere and bass and stripers go crazy on them to fatten up for the winter.
So when you’re having Thanksgiving turkey, you could still be getting in on some of the best bites of the year.
- Tournament caliber equipment (rods, reels, fishing line)
- Large selection of the hottest and most effective baits on the market today
- Fishing trip aboard a loaded Champion bass boat with Lowrance electronics
- My undivided, focused attention for the ENTIRE trip.
What to bring:
- Valid and current California Fishing License
(They can be purchased online or at most sporting good stores)
- Sunglasses (polarized is important)
- Proper clothing for the weather conditions (check the weather)
- Soft soled tennis type shoes , no flip flops or bare feet
- Food and drinks
- Good attitude
- No smoking or vaping
- No drugs
- No alcohol
- All passengers must carry a valid California fishing license on there person
- Life Jackets must be worn at all times and can be provided
- Fishing Guide Release form required
How to book a trip:
Just call (661) 645-2554 or send me an email through my contact page